Monday, February 1, 2010

I Love Duck!

Last night I embarked on the wonderful world of Bouley. David Bouley has been giving New Yorkers the art of fine cuisine for over 30 years, with his fresh selections and exquisite presentation, there's no wonder his restaurants are always thriving with returning customers. I am no exception. Since I usually frequent Bouley, I decided to take it down a notch and visit Bouley Upstairs for a late night snack.

I chose to sit at the sushi bar... I love watching all the action that goes on behind the bar, and sitting just a tad bit higher than everyone else doesn't hurt. My meal began with a few fresh pieces of sake(salmon), I was impressed to say the least. The salmon was top notch and the freshest I've had in awhile, it was so delicate and light it practically melted in my mouth. For those of you who have never tried sushi at Bouley it's absolutely worth the trip. Make sure that you don't get overwhelmed by the French dishes and miss out on it, it's so yummy. For my main course I chose the Long Island duckling and quietly patted myself on the back. I have a rule that I strictly follow... only order duck from the French, they are the only one's who know how to cook it and boy when they do it's mouth watering. Last night's ducklings were amazing, served with caramelized onions, sweet olives, fennel and a citrus glaze that was to die for. I made sure I had a bold pinot noir to match the outstanding medium rare ducklings. Although the desert menu was calling my name I opted out. Macaroons are my absolute favorite cookies in the whole world, but beauty calls, and macaroons don't fit in a model's menu. Overall my meal was great, the atmoshpere was lively, and I would highly recommend this place for a date or if your flying solo.

And don't forget about the sushi!!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment