Monday, April 12, 2010

Detox

Now that the weather is warm and the nastiest of winter is behind us, I decided it's time to clean up shop and what better way than a two day juice cleanse.

I trekked up to Norwalk, CT to get my daily juices from a wonderful place called The Stand. They have amazing salads, smoothies, and sandwiches and I was instantly greeted by a bubbly hippy chick named Amy. I had already discussed my two day plan with the owner the day before which included a raw breakfast to start, followed by 4 juices for Saturday, and 6 for Sunday. When I walked in Saturday I was starving to say the least. They promptly hooked me up with a yummy mustard green wrap filled with alfalfa sprouts, tomato, and an almond pate they was infused with red peppers and cayenne pepper. It was so refreshing and energizing I almost said screw the juices I'll take 10 of these. However the juices had already been made and were ready to go. They whisked me on my way with 10 juices in tote and wished me well on my two day journey.

For the next two hours I felt amazing, no really amazing. I hadn't even had the juices yet, I was still riding on the mustard green high. Then I had the first drink, which was an all green drink with kale, collards, celery, cucumber. It was the nastiest thing I have ever had. But lovin my body and modeling I forced myself to finish it. My mood went from 100 percent happy to about 70 percent depression. I couldn't believe that I had 4 more of these to drink! Running into an old boyfriend I chewed him out for no reason, and then decided my moody ass needy to go to sleep. Needless to say if you are starting a fast of any sort I would recommend that you have nothing to do the first day, you are liable to hurt someone. After my nap I finished my meals that included a watermelon medley, another green juice and a cashew nut milk. I was pretty light headed and keep going in and out of good moods.

Sunday proved to be more productive and peaceful day. I woke up feeling good and started the morning with a hot water with lemon. About and hour later I had a cucumber celery juice and took a trip to the beach. After getting a little vitamin D and drinking another nasty green drink I was feeling pretty fantastic. I took a small cat nap, and then headed over to the bikram studio near my house. Since the room is heated to 90 degrees and I had no solid food in me I was sweating like crazy. I took it nice and slow and managed to make it through the entire class. I headed home where another bottle of watermelon was calling me and decided to increase my water intake. The rest of the night was lazy and I finished my last cashew nut and went to sleep.

All and all the juice detox was fabulous. My skin broke out in hives which in this case is a good thing, my eyes are clearer than they've been since I was 10, and I absolutely lost weight.

Juice now think later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment